21 June 2013

The Five Minute Experiment

I had been procrastinating regarding household chores and annoying and mentally stressful self-grooming procedures such as showering and shaving. My lady was due to return and I'd promised her I would get it together and do my duties before she got back. Now a tool I often use when I am dog tired and have to exercise is just to give it 5 minutes. Just 5 minutes is all I tell myself I am gonna commit too. It allows me to start getting stuck in, and lets face it, starting is the hardest part most of the time. You tend to make things more difficult in your mind. I set a timer for 5 minutes and then dived into my chores. I got the dishes done, tidied the lounge and even got in a shower and a shave. I know, I know, I am a total overachiever. Seriously, next time you are faced with insurmountable odds, such as the dishes, just give it 5 minutes. If life is still pure hell, you have my permission to quit and never attempt anything productive again.