09 December 2013

Raging Out in Spin.

One of my pet hates teaching Spin class is when someone comes in and does there own thing, ignores any instruction and leaves whenever they please. It is weird. There are plenty of bikes around the gym. If you want to do your own thing, use one of them. I am teaching class, pushing people to challenge themselves in a group environment. It is rude and disrespectful to just ignore someone teaching.
  Today a chap walked in 15 minutes in and proceeded to happily cycle to the beat of his own drum.
  "Ummm excuse me Sir", I passive aggressively stated. I had been raging out during the exceptional Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" hill climb.
  "Oh I have an injury" he explained, and continued to rage out.
At the end of class he came up to me.
  "Hi there, I think there has been some misunderstanding. What's your first name?" He thrust out his hand.
  "Robin" He shook my hand vigorously. You know those guys who shake your hand real hard like that makes them more trustworthy and decent? He was one of them.
"Look man, I just find it rude when people come into the class late and ignore me"
"What? No I am happy to go and see a manager with you"
"No. If you want to take the time to read the basic etiquette on the front door that would be cool"
"I think there has been a misunderstanding. I am a full time school teacher. I'm sorry if I disrupted your class".
  "Hey thanks for your apology. I appreciate it" I stuck out my hand and gave it a good shake.
  "I have had 6 knee surgeries" he pointed to his knee, "I am sorry".
  "No hard feelings" I stuck out the hand of peace one more time. He grabbed it, gave it another manly shake and said,
"Thanks Simon!" and he strode off.